• Login with Facebook Login with Twitter Login with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Safe Haven
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

An Open Letter

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 An Open Letter: post #1 uahla

uahla

Merperson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

( This IS NOT directed at anyone in SH, its the "real life" people around me that inspired this )

There are some people close enough to me to at least realize that things are not rite. It is also pretty easy to tell that I have issues with trust social interaction and self esteem. So I get stuff like, believe in yourself, you are a good person, you can get through this etc. etc in fact I even get whole to this effect. They are nice thoughts, good words, even kind. What the real awful part of all that is? No one really means it. That’s not just something left over from what was done to me either. There is proof. Its in the way you never get my voicemails or texts, or how you always have to hang up rite away if I do actually get you. It’s in the way you are always too busy for to make plans, have somthig already planned no matter how far out my invite is. Why tell me I have value, even insist on it when I really have no value to you. Then there are the ones that add to the injury by saying they will be there for me when it gets tough. You know you have no intention of being anwhere near me when the worst of it comes calling on me.. False hopes and empty promisis are almost as hurtful as what got me here to begin with. Is it really that hard to say “please just go away” ? I’m not going to pretend I want to go on living this way or reashure you that everything’s alright anymore either. I wont bother you with my problems but, its not up to me to ease your conscious either.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

#2 An Open Letter: post #2 flor de kangeroo

flor de kangeroo

Phoenix

• Donating Member
  • 9845 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

uahla....in this life you can count your real friends on one hand if your lucky. Maybe your like me just fall through the cracks..i have enjoyed learning to fall and to expect the worst....not allot more i can say..I think most with people ...themselves are all they have time for.

#3 An Open Letter: post #3 flor de kangeroo

flor de kangeroo

Phoenix

• Donating Member
  • 9845 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

your entire life.

#4 An Open Letter: post #4 よおなし

よおなし

Centaur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'm a firm believer in people who put action behind their words of positive intent.  "We should hang out!" or "Yeah, call me!"  I'm not fond of what I dub that talk to be, bar talk.  I think what I started doing is believing in myself, and so when I thought "I should do this" I followed through with going out by myself to see a movie I've always wanted, or ask that hot girl out even though I might get overly worked-up about doing it.  Love myself, believe in myself, and don't put up with my own crap, follow through.  I recommend putting on some very calm music and spacing out for a while, meditate.  I found out a lot about myself by meditating.  I think the first song I meditated to was Halcon + On + On by Orbital off of the Mortal Kombat Soundtrack.  I was in high school and that helped me tremendously...tremendously.  It led to other things, other positive habits.  Don't try too hard, in fact just let it come to you if you so decide to do it.  I have a lot of meditation/chill music of varying degrees if you would like some.

I think I danced around the point a bit, however what I'm trying to say is when others fail you, look within yourself and see how valuable you truly are.  Sure, I admit, I couldn't see it at first and I doubted it before, though it's there in everyone, that I'm 100% absolutely sure of.  I believe in your ability to transcend your current circumstances, uahla.  Have a good day :)

#5 An Open Letter: post #5 flor de kangeroo

flor de kangeroo

Phoenix

• Donating Member
  • 9845 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

uahla..you can message me may time.

#6 An Open Letter: post #6 uahla

uahla

Merperson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

thank you for the replies, advice and sugestions.just needed to get that out I guess.

#7 An Open Letter: post #7 flor de kangeroo

flor de kangeroo

Phoenix

• Donating Member
  • 9845 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

yeah i fall in between cracks on message boards ...i understand ..there is no substitute for real time support. I do hope you are ok..i noticed you disappeared off the board for a while....yeah message me anytime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users