• Login with Facebook Login with Twitter Login with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Safe Haven
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

I thought I would have learned my lesson by now.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 I thought I would have learned my lesson by now.: post #1 lucianslove

lucianslove

Nix

• Starting Out
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hello all, my name is Jessica. I've had problems with injuring myself since I was about 12. I struggled with anorexia for a few years in my teens, but I seem to have a handle on that. I don't usually self injure anymore, but when I do get the urge, I feel powerless against it.

I have a couple of mental illnesses, the worst of which is Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I worry about EVERYTHING, even if I'm just on the way to the grocery store for a few minutes. I'm also a middle school teacher, so still having a problem with self harm makes me feel like a liar and a phony. How can I be uplifting and motivational, when on the inside, I'm a total mess?

I don't have a significant stressor in my life at the moment, but this morning I told my husband that I wanted to see a professional for my mental hangups. On the heels of that, since my husband and toddler are currently napping, I was hit with the overwhelming urges. I don't want to give details right now, but I'll say that I don't cut myself anymore. I have purposely injured my wrist over the past year to the point of needing splints, then a cast, and finally surgery last summer. I thought I was done with this, but it's all I can do not to hurt myself. I'm afraid that if I tell someone, the first place I need to go is a hospital... I just don't have time for that.

What a drag this stuff is...

#2 I thought I would have learned my lesson by now.: post #2 chant2012

chant2012

Hyppogriff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

Welcome to Safe Haven! I hope that you find this place supportive and useful. I am sorry that you struggle with SI too. We understand here. You are not alone at all. If you need anything give us a holler! 

#3 I thought I would have learned my lesson by now.: post #3 alcibiades

alcibiades

Nix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Welcome to Safe Haven (:

Stuff like this is a major drag, but it's really neat that you joined Safe Haven and are looking into other options! I hope the site is helpful!

#4 I thought I would have learned my lesson by now.: post #4 GreenCat

GreenCat

Selkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Welcome to Safe Haven, Jessica. 

It's a pity that you have to deal with such thing as Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Is there any medication or therapy for that? I hope there is and it helps you. 

I wish you the best. Have a nice time here in Safe Haven! I hope being here helps you, if even only a bit. 

Edited by GreenCat, 02 April 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#5 I thought I would have learned my lesson by now.: post #5 bikerkitty

bikerkitty

Nix

• Starting Out
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

hi just joined the group too, been self harming since I was eight, have very bad OCD and been diagnosed with depression, I hope this group helps you, as im 

hoping it will help me xx

#6 I thought I would have learned my lesson by now.: post #6 DamagedAngel

DamagedAngel

Nix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

Hi Jessica, welcome to SH!
I can kind of understand your SI and the fact you titled this as "I thought I would have learned my lesson by now." is what I think when my sixth form college finds me. (I won't go into details.) If you want to chat, you can always message me. I share your determination as well who doesn't want to go into hospital.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users